Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here's our chance


I'm sure that most of the OSR blog-o-sphere has heard about the wonderful, fantastic, humanitarian, Haiti relief sale that DriveThruRPG and its sister site RPGNow is putting on. But in case you haven't:


Go check it out. It's absolutely for a good cause.

Interesting side note on this whole thing though: I only saw a dribble of OSR material offered. Now I don't know how the authors were contacted, and I'm making an assumption that they WERE contacted, but I would imagine that this would be the PERFECT opportunity to get some exposure. At this writing, they've already generated over $23K in proceeds! That's well over 1100 eyeballs...And that's in just a few hours!

I'm a little bit disappointed that I didn't see more OSR material. I don't know the details on how the items were selected for inclusion to the list, but I'd be willing to bet that it was on the basis of "If you said 'yes', then some of your merchandise was included."

On the upside, it was so cool seeing stuff from Jim Raggi and Troll Lord Games in there. Good job guys! Bravo! Way to be on the ball and get your merchandise on the list.

No comments: